I'm sure you've seen a blog with this game, I answer Susan's questions, then "tag" three other bloggers and hope they will play along. I chose the bloggers from either side of me on Amanda Jean's Finish it up Friday and one from Lily's Small Blog Meetup. Won't they be surprised when they get my message "hi, you don't know me, but I just tagged you!"
OK, here are the questions and my answers:
1. Musicals or plays? And what are your favorites?
Hmm -- where does opera fall in this question? The DH and I used to attend the Colorado Opera Festival every summer, sadly it is no longer. When we first moved to Colorado (in 1976!) the US Army at Ft. Carson had a theatre company and we both participated in "Sound of Music" and "West Side Story." DH has a wonderful voice, I did makeup. There was a woman playing a nun in "Sound of Music" who insisted on wearing green, sparkly eye shadow.
2. Do you have any "hidden" talents that have not made it into your blog?
Oh, yeah. I can play eight variations of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" on a half-sized violin. Let's hear it for the Suzuki method!
3. Are you a reader? If so, what are you reading right now?
Of course! The boys bought us e-readers for Christmas two years ago and I love my Nook. I am reading "The Street Sweeper," by Eliot Perlman. I also enjoy listening to books from Audible, and usually choose them by the length-- if it's not at least 25 hours long, it's not worth the price! Diana Gabaldon is very good for long road trips.
4. What is your favorite time of day?
I am definitely a "morning person." I wouldn't say morning is my favorite time of day, but I don't like twilight, that time just before the sun goes down. It always makes me sad.
5. Do you save the selvages from fabric? Have you ever made anything with them?
I do -- although I think making quilts from selvages is a little silly. I cut them off in 3/4" widths and roll them up into a huge ball, imagining that I will crochet a rug from them.
6. What is your favorite quilt you've ever made?
The next one!
7. What color comes up most often in your quilts?
I like the bright, modern fabrics; I believe every quilt should have a little yellow in it.
8. Do you play music while you sew? What songs get you motivated?
I listen to "Enya Radio" on Pandora, but usually when I sew I am either listening to books on CD or watching BritComs on DVDs.
9. What's the worst injury you've ever suffered?
I'm crossing my fingers while I type this: I've never broken a bone! I did cut my chin when I fell off my bike when I was about 8 and had three stitches.
10. Do you come from a large family or a small family?
Large family, I am the youngest of 6 children. My oldest brother had left home before I was born, and my "youngest older brother" left home when I was 8. So really, I grew up with only one sister.
11. Have you always lived in your current hometown? If not, how far away do you live from the town where you were born?
I grew up in a small town in Idaho and left home when I was barely 18. Where I live now in Colorado is about 1000 miles from my hometown. The furthest I've lived from home was when we were stationed in Brindisi, Italy -- about 6000 miles as the crow flies.
Here are the three bloggers I've tagged:
- Pat at Bell Creek Quilts (because I've never been to Wisconsin, and how cool does Oconomowac, Wisconsin sound?)
- Colette at Poppy & Poochie (she has a Jacob, too!)
- Fiona at Finding Fifth (another Australian! I really really want to visit Australia!)